On our travels this spring, I purchased these cards at Stephen F. Austin State Park in Texas. The art is called quilling.

I took this from the web to explain what quilling is:

Quilling is the art of rolled, shaped, and glued paper that results in creating a unified, decorative design. The name quilling is thought to come from the origin of the art; birds’ feathers, or quills, were used to coil the strips of paper around.

They express my love for photography and birding. I would like to frame them so I am looking for opinions on what color frame to use, should I use matting, direction of cards in frame, etc. The cards are about 6 inches square.

So please comment and let me know what you think!

One thought on “~Question”

  1. If the wall where you will place the final framed artwork is large, I like the top image. However, I have skinny walls in my house where the verticle framing would work better. I do like the top image the best with the “opposite” corners of your favorite things. I have seen these types of cards and they are most unique! k

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s